South London Timber demands and maintains high ethical standards in carrying out its business activities. In all company operations we retain a set of core values and approaches in doing business. The Company recognises that its reputation, and the trust and confidence that its customers hold are vital resources and that the protection of these is of fundamental importance. The Company will not tolerate corrupt practices.
sustainable timber... ethically sourced
Relations With Suppliers:
• The Company undertakes to pay all suppliers according to agreed terms of trade.
• The Company aims to develop relationships with its suppliers based on mutual trust.
• Gifts of money must never be accepted.
• Gifts and favours must not be solicitored.
• The Company will try to source timber in this country before looking for foreign sources.
• Aspects of recycling and sustainable waste are considered when purchasing timber.
• No timber products will be bought from countries which uses forced labour of political prisoners to make plywood.
• All consideration is given to suppliers who produce environmentally friendly products and conform to PEFC and FSC®.
• The Company purchases material made to a high specification wherever possible, such as plywood with TECO approved bonding and also to P1-95 structural grade.
We have dealt with South London Timber for the last 10 years. Have always received the most professional service and competitive rates from Ted and his team. Long may it continue and thanks for the support.
Tim ScrivensProcurement Manager - Coinford
Relations With Customers:
• The Company believes in partnering with Customers for a successful and sustained business relationship.
• In all advertising and other communications, overstatement, concealment and untruths will be avoided.
• The Company will maintain a professional and respectful relationship with all customers at all times.